Facebook is a free social media platform widely available for people worldwide to connect and interact virtually. Currently, Facebook has the most extensive user base as compared with all other social media platforms. Facebook has been quite proactive over the years in introducing new and exciting features for its users. Various features include live chat, instant messaging, sharing photos and videos, adding friends, games, events, and much more. Apart from such features, Facebook recently launched the “Poll” feature. This feature allows users to make a ‘this’ or ‘that’ Poll. It also asks their friends to vote for their preference. In this blog, you will find how to create a poll on Facebook.
The Facebook poll can be created through iPhone, Android, Windows, and macOS. We will discuss steps to create a poll on Facebook through each device.
CREATE A POLL ON FACEBOOK VIA IPHONE AND ANDROID
Please note that it is essential to have the Facebook application downloaded and installed on your iPhone or Android for creating a poll quickly. If you do not have the Facebook application, you can download it on Play Store (for Android) and Apple Store (for iPhone). Once you have completed the installation process with the application, you can quickly learn how to make a poll on Facebook by following the steps mentioned below.
- Start by opening the Facebook application and landing on the Home Feed page; locate three vertical lines given at the bottom right of the screen and tap on them.
- From the list of options presented to you, select “Groups”; select the group out of all the groups presented to you that you wish to share your Poll with
- Now in the text box where “Write something.” is written, type your question, and type the two options below in the other two text columns – the polling will be done between these two options.
- Finally, once you are satisfied with your question and your options, select “Post” to publish the Poll in the selected group.
CREATE A POLL ON FACEBOOK VIA DESKTOP OR MAC
Following are the steps for how to create a Facebook poll on desktop or Mac:
- Open browser and type www.facebook.com in the URL and press enter to launch the Facebook page; insert your correct credentials and click on “Log in.”
- Once you have been logged in and your news feed has opened, navigate “Groups” in the list displayed on your left side of the screen. A list of groups will open, select the group you wish to share the Poll with, or make a new group by clicking on “Create a group” and further adding your friends as per your desire.
- Now, a window will open, click on “Write something” and click on “Poll” from the options presented right below.
- Type your question and options for the Poll, and modify the Poll as per your preference; once you are done, click on “Post,” and your Poll is published.
A poll on Facebook can be published in two ways – on groups and story. We have discussed how to create a Facebook poll on groups, and now we will discuss how to make a poll on Facebook on the story.
HOW DO I POST MY FACEBOOK POLL ON STORY?
To create a poll on Facebook and post it on your story via iPhone or Android, you need the Facebook application. If you have it already, follow the steps; if not, download and install and then follow the steps:
- Open the Facebook Application, and tap on your profile to open your profile page
- Navigate and click on “Add a story”; now swipe across to find the “Poll” option and click on it
- Now, a window should open with the text “Ask something” and two options, “Yes” and “No”; you can type your question and modify the two options as per your preference, and once and once you’re done, click on “Post” to publish the Poll on Facebook Story.
HOW DO I CREATE A FACEBOOK POLL ON MESSENGER?
You can also make a Facebook poll on Facebook Messenger via iPhone or any Android device. To find out how to create a poll on Facebook messenger, try the following steps.
- Open Facebook Messenger on your device and open an existing group chat or make a new group chat with your desired friends that you want to take the Poll
- Click on the ‘+’ sign located right above the keypad on your device, then select “Poll” from the given options
- Now type your question in the text column, along with the two options (Ex: What should we have for dinner tonight? Option 1: Pizza, Option 2: Pasta)
- Once you are satisfied with your question and options, “post” the Poll and wait for your friends to vote for their option
Facebook polls are quick and simple; the only question that bothers the users is “How to do a poll on Facebook?” However, the problem has now been solved in the blog. Refer to our other blogs related to Facebook, Instagram, and all other social media platforms for any further assistance.